Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lack of Malaysian Leadership

Malaysian leaders are very good in technical in what they have to do. But they are lacking in few important skills:-
1) Leadership – Malaysia leader fail to guide his employee to another level.
2) Lack of soft skill such as communication, inter personal skills and presentation.
3) They like to handle and solve most of the issue by themselves. They fail to delegate responsibility to their staff.
4) The biggest of all they fail to understand the big picture. Most of the time they get lost in details and do not know how to connect all the point to the big picture.

My take – In most Malaysia Companies I visit I always hear Boss not around to approve. I just don’t understand if Boss has to sign off for all the issue then I guess when Boss is on vacation all the staff also can be on holiday.

You should create a process and build a trust culture, and employees should embrace integrity.

No comments: